Specialist Clinical Pharmacist - Paediatric Oncology/BMT
About The Facility
FIRST PRIVATE HOSPITAL IN LONDON WITH AN 'OUTSTANDING' CQC RATING
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
We have an opportunity at The Harley Street Clinic for a Senior Clinical Pharmacist to be a key member of the Pharmacy Oncology Team on a permanent basis.
The Post holder will support the Lead Clinical Pharmacist - Oncology in the provision of high quality clinical services to Paediatric Oncology/Haematology at the Harley Street Clinic.
The Senior Pharmacist will be responsible for the delivery of an efficient, effective and quality driven pharmacy service, ensuring the team consistently meet the needs of all service users to the highest possible standard.
This is a Full Time post and working hours are: 09:00 - 17:00 or 10:00 - 18:00
The projected salary for this post is£43,801 - £49,901 per annumdepending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- The post holder will be a key member of the Pharmacy Oncology Team. As such they will support the Lead Clinical Pharmacist - Oncology in the provision of high quality clinical services to Paediatric Oncology and Haematology at the Harley Street Clinic. This includes bone marrow transplant (BMT). The BMT unit is a relatively new service to be provided at The Harley Street Clinic for which the post holder will play a leading role in developing of a high quality service.
- To assist with developing policies and procedures related to the role.
- To assist with build & validation of new chemotherapy protocols using Electronic Prescribing System (Chemo care).
- To provide a clinical pharmacy service to oncology and haematology patients or other areas as requested by Pharmacy Manager
- To screen & check cytotoxic chemotherapy, ensuring their clinical and pharmaceutical appropriateness and timely issue.
- To assist the Pharmacy Manager & HCA Lead Clinical Pharmacist - Education & Training with the training and continuing professional development of Pharmacy Staff.
- To establish links with other Paediatric Oncology Pharmacists to benchmark medicines use and promote good networking practices
- Assist in the pharmacy production unit when required.
Skills & Experience
- Registered member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Masters Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Higher degree / postgraduate certificate and/or diploma in clinical pharmacy or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience as a hospital clinical pharmacist in paediatrics/oncology/haematology
- Specialized knowledge within paediatric oncology is desirable
- Specialized experience with adult or paediatric Bone marrow Transplant
- Practical experience in an Aseptic Production Unit & GMP is desirable