Senior Java Developer We activate customer data
- We're using Java to build our greenfield services
- Competitive salary range between £60k - £70k + benefits
- Opportunity to be early part of shaping platform serving high-growth market
- Our expert engineers are constantly experimenting with new technologies
- We have a canteen for subsidised breakfast & lunch onsite… and a fully stocked soft drink & beer fridge
- No gimmicks, just a great development environment
Fospha activate data to give customer-centric marketers an unfair advantage. Our market-leading customer data platform (CDP) transforms information silos into operational business superpowers. Our engines and tools go beyond insight into action, democratising data through interfaces and real-time personalisation. Fospha has been named as one of the key market players in the emerging CDP space (described by McKinsey as the heartbeat of modern marketing). Our plans are big and we want you to be part of them.
We have clear structure and roles across the usual areas of sales, marketing, product development, professional services, engineering and data science. However our size means we manage to specific objectives with everyone helping as required in talking to customers, analysing data, building our products and delivering our services. This suits people who want to learn a range of business and operational skills as well as adapting and developing their core skills to a commercial environment.
You will develop green-field services to enhance our customer data platform, building storage, scaled ingestion & processing engines to feed predictive modelling and real time personalisation. You will work with high scale, low latency and resilience critical technology, to deliver solutions that work with big streams of data, while maintaining high security requirements.
We believe that top technologists are adaptable and multi-disciplinary. Frameworks and technologies are used according to need, rather than familiarity. Our team works in service oriented architecture, following a modern micro service approach. Engineers have a high level of independence choosing implementation whilst focusing on quality.
Requirement to be strong across the stack; you are equally comfortable optimising the database schema and building RESTful APIs. You enjoy choosing and working with new technologies. You are excited by working in a cross-functional team of smart product people, front-end engineers and data-scientists. Flexibility and fast-paced iteration don’t scare you because you know that’s the path to success. You care about more than just shipping code, you want to build and grow with the business.
- We’ll need you to be very comfortable in the language of your choice: we extensively use Java and have a strong preference forJava-8.
- Data storage experience with MySQL, Cassandra or similar technologies
- Up to date on service-oriented architectures at scale
- Current experience in an agile Test Driven Development (TDD) environment.
- An understanding of software security.
- Knowledge of Linux and DevOps. (We'll help you out where there are knowledge gaps)
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
Fospha is part of the Blenheim Chalcot Group, an awesome venture incubator with combined sales in excess of £350m, £500m of assets under management. It’s a unique environment with a support eco-system that allows us to build a disruptive business at an unprecedented speed.