An exciting vacancy has arisen within my client's Purchasing team, for a full-time, permanent Purchasing Analyst. My client are a global leader in automotive parts manufacture, and this position will join the team based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. This post will report to the Purchasing Director, and is a critical hire for the company. Therefore the client are seeking an experienced professional to fill this position, the role may suit an individual looking to move from Finance to Purchasing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain purchase database & the company's purchasing database.
- Manage day to day consumable buying, order placement to fulfil all requisitions. Approve requisitions and convert them to purchase orders.
- Activity generation and support.
- Cost improvement.
- Raw materials and Utilities cost and trend tracking and reporting.
- Provide input, with justification, with regard to forecast Spend and Purchase price variance data for the commodity under management.
- Review and resolve any DMR and PO matrix discrepancies. Work together with finance to support the invoice approval process in case of discrepancy.
- Administration of monthly reports ensuring completion, accuracy and publishing in a timely manner.
- Administration and control of freight (both inbound and outbound) to ensure accuracy of freight standards.
- Travel management and cost saving negotiation with local Hotels, Taxis and Restaurants
- Source preferred suppliers for company stationary and ensure we have enough stock for daily needs
- Source preferred suppliers for health and safety equipment. Support the daily needs within the organization according to the requirements
To be considered for an interview, you will need the following skills:
- Purchasing or Finance experience in a relevant industry
- Bachelor's Degree
- Working knowledge of international trade rules and regulations as required
- Exposure to Supplier Quality principles
- Effective interpersonal skills (cross functionally) and with the external customer
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret Technical component drawings and general business administration
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills of reports and business correspondence for Senior Management review
- Analytical approach
- Self motivated
Please apply today to be considered for immediate interview.