Sales Order Coordinator
Working in the "engine room" of our clients company you are the lifeblood of this organisation, keeping it running behind the scenes. Not only does the work of a Sales Order Co-ordinator supply work to the rest of the business, you are the voice that represents them as a company. Your role involves working with people from all levels throughout the organisation, plus their suppliers and customers. You’ll need to be methodical, accurate and efficient to make sure your work is of the highest standard. Primarily responsible for sales order inputting, you’ll also assist other members of the team in carrying out other administrative duties.
- Data Input: Accurate data entry of sales orders. Role holders should make every effort to make sure that their work is accurate. Role holders must also strictly adhere to data entry procedures.
- Customer Service: Every effort should be made to serve our customers in a timely fashion and to a high standard. Customers should be treated with respect at all times.
- Technical support: Offering our customers a high standard of technical advice and support. A high level of technical knowledge is necessary to fulfil this role, as any technical information given to our customers must be correct to ensure success. Full training is provided but role holders are responsible for ensuring all briefed technical information is retained and retraining or further coaching should be requested where necessary.
- Communication: Role holders must adhere to the telephone, email and fax communication procedure to ensure timely and accurate communication with our customers, suppliers and colleagues. All communication must also be in accordance with the rules and regulations contained within the employee handbook.
- Purchasing: Role holders will on occasion need to complete purchasing and procurement activities on behalf of the company. Special attention should be made to limit incorrect or unnecessary purchases and it is imperative that the relevant procedure is adhered to.
- General Administration: It is necessary for role holders to carry out general administrative duties in connection with sales order processing. A high level of diligence and accuracy is expected.
- Auditing: Carrying out quality checks not only on your own work but that of your colleagues. Ensuring that all work is carried out to a high standard, all feedback is relayed to the necessary member of staff and any mistakes are rectified.
- Health and Safety: In accordance with the rules and regulations within the employee handbook, all members of staff should conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, with the aim of minimising risk to themselves and colleagues.
- Professional conduct: In accordance with the rules and regulations within the employee handbook, all members of staff should conduct themselves in a professional and civil manner.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, friendly and growing company in an excellent location of Shrewsbury.
This is a full-time role starting on a temporary basis and becoming permanent after a short trial period offering a salary of £17,100 per annum. Full training will be provided on company specific tasks and systems. This position is based on 38 hours per week with an early finish on Friday.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV to Rob today via Reed!