Assistant Buyer (mens) - London
Reporting to: Head of Buying
You will assist the Category Buyer in the development of seasonal ranges that are brought to market within desired timescales, meet or exceed both sales and Gross Margin targets whilst maintaining brand integrity.
As a Assistant Buyer you will:
- Must be an established Assistant Buyer - Level 2/3
- Maintaining and updating critical path with all receipt information of stock from multiple sources.
- Tracking shipments to Distribution Centre to ensure timely delivery and communicating any changes to mode of freight to all business partners concerned.
- Create and update seasonal assortment sheets that incorporate all relevant product delivery and store ranging information.
- Organise, manage and source all product samples by seasonal range for both Excess and Production, to ensure visual interpretation of range including the use of display boards.
- Communicating markdown requirements to Buyers Admin Assistant within set deadline for system input.
- Provision of detailed information to Visual Merchandising team and communication of forthcoming events and promotions.
- Proficient in Retail Maths
- Relevant experience in a Buying Office, preferable in apparel with recognized retailer
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify commercial opportunities based on analysis provided.
- Highly organized, detail oriented accurate
- Computer proficient in Excel, Word and familiar with basic principles of merchandising systems. - Good communication both upward to senior management and laterally to business partners both internal and external.
- High level of presentation skills.
Up to £30k
Due to the high demand of applicants received, if you do not hear back within a few weeks, please take it as your application unsuccessful.