Financial Reporting Accountant
Global blue chip business based in Brighton seek a Big 4 trained Chartered Accountant who seeks their second or third move in industry. Recent eperience of Financial Reporting within an Insurance or Financial Services business is essential.
Reporting to the Group Reporting Manager this is a key role in the Global financial reporting team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for preparation of monthly financial results and will have accountability for presenting them to the Group Reporting Manager and functional Head. There is also a key requirement for the role to ensure adherence to financial policies, further develop the existing financial reporting and to actively look for process improvements. The successful candidate will be expected to deputise for the Group Reporting Manager as and when required.
- Preparation of monthly management and statutory financial results; month end close process, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly actuals reporting for flash and full close for each of the regions, along with variance analysis and commentary
- Develop financial reporting to meet changing business requirements
- Monthly cashflow analysis and reporting
- Ensure that all accounting and financial control policies are understood and applied within the business.
- Proactively working to improve the financial reporting processes and controls within the function and management of process documentation.
- Where required, deal directly with internal/external auditors, and prepare required reporting/documentation to meet requirements.