Technical Copy Writer (Automation)
Job title: Technical Copywriter - PR & B2B Marketing Materials for automation equipment [English Language]
Position: Permanent, 5 days, full time, 9-5
Salary: Range from £18k - 29k depending on experience.
Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to understand how things work? Whether you have a background in engineering automation or you’re already a professional writer covering the subject, if you’re able to communicate that enthusiasm into the written word we’d love to hear from you.
We are a successful and growing B2B marketing agency that produces editorial, websites, movies, ads, apps and good old traditional brochure copy for some of the biggest engineering and automation brands in the world. It’s our job to write about product launches, case studies and industry news in a factual and interesting style to generate column for our clients around the world.
The successful candidate must be able to combine an enthusiasm and innate understanding for technology (particularly factory automation equipment such as PLCs, Robots, Inverter drives, HMIs, Servos, Networking and the associated software) with the ability to clearly and precisely write copy which meets the client’s brief and communicates a positive message to the market. Previous experience within engineering, automation, technical writing or a technical journalistic role is absolutely necessary.
Within the role you will be responsible for your own writing schedule. You will be expected to communicate with clients and conduct independent research to enable you to produce original and high quality copy which will be integrated with wider marketing campaigns.
Language: We are happy to consider candidates with either English or German as a native language. If a candidate has the ability to write in both English and German, then that would be considered of great benefit. English will be the primary language used in the office and so the candidate must be fluent.
- Manage monthly writing schedule to meet all targets
- Work with account managers to ensure all press release topics are properly briefed to you
- Communicate with clients and third parties at both engineering and corporate level
- Conduct independent research around the topics you are writing
- Conduct site-visits, where appropriate, to view applications and products in action
- Produce high-quality, original copy which meets the brief specified by the Account Manager
Skills and Experience
- An engineering and journalistic background is essential
- Experience writing technical reports or articles
- Good communication skills and the ability to extract information from an interview
- Good time management and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience with Social Media marketing campaigns would be beneficial but not essential to the role
- A second language would be beneficial but not essential to the role
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle is required