Senior Management Accountant
Based in Head Office
£30k - £35k pa (£32,100 - £37,450 including uplift)
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join our Finance Team. As we continue to grow our Finance Team plays a vital role in supporting the business and enables key stakeholders to effectively manage our client accounts.
The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery of finance services to the management and employees of Qube Learning in a manner consistent with the achievement of the business objectives and general office management.
We are a national, independent training provider delivering Apprenticeships, Traineeships and short courses to circa 3500 learners across England.
We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of all round accounting within an SME who is qualified in ACCA/CIMA or QBE. This is an exciting, hands on role within the business and is perfect for someone looking for a long-term opportunity with personal development.
The Core Accountabilities for this role are:
- Month end postings/reconciliations
- Management Accounts preparation to draft level to include P&L, balance sheet, cash-flow and variance analysis
- Prepare quarterly consolidated accounts
- Quarterly partial exemption VAT Returns
- Assistance with forecasting and budgeting
- Review all balance sheet accounts, ensuring that key variances are investigated and fully explained and that all reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis
- Costing and Pricing exercises
- Audit preparation and year-end adjustments
- Cost centre reporting and variance analysis
- Fixed asset register
- Managing government incentive payments
- Contracts Management
- Assist the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer as and when required
- Deputise for the Head of Finance in periods of absence including management of the team
- Adhoc project work
In return we offer:
- 22 days holiday per year increasing after 2 years continuous service to 27 days + bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional subscriptions
- Company sick pay
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to Rob Bateman at rob.bateman @qube-learning.co.uk.
Qualifications, skills and experience Essential:
- Confident using Excel to include pivot tables and more advanced formulas
- Monthly management accounts preparation and review
- Qualified in ACCA or CIMA or QBE