Junior Revenue Controller
Junior Revenue Controller required for our client, a Top 50, UK Law Firm, based in the City. The role supports the fee earning departments in providing a professional and effective billing, WIP & debt management service to the firm.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to build upon their existing experience or for those wishing to gain their first role within the legal finance sector - therefore those with a relevant Finance / Accountancy degree will be considered.
Key skills include:
- Previous billing experience, either within another law firm or professional services would be highly advantageous
- An Accountancy / Finance Graduate with limited experience, looking for their first / second role in finance would be suited to this role also
- Experience of working with 3E Elite would again, be very useful
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with Partners and Fee Earners alike
Role will include:
- Work in conjunction with the Revenue Control Manager and Business Manager/HoD to ensure effective management and control of departmental working capital (unbilled time and unpaid bills)
- Ensure smooth and timely operation of billing process within departments
- - Being responsible for creating, processing, amending and dispatching system generated bills in line with firm policy
- - Reviewing draft bills and liaising with the fee earning departments on any changes required
- - Assisting Partners and Fee Earners with preparing their bills by producing timely and accurate WIP reports; identifying matters to be billed and creating proformas
- Monitor receipt of monies from clients in payment of bills
- Follow up all unpaid bills as appropriate by telephone/fax/e-mail
- Issue reminder letters/statements to clients in accordance with established procedures
- Attend regular meetings with Partners/Business Manager to review accounts receivable/work in progress listings and agree actions required to clear outstanding balances
- Chase Partners regarding any outstanding balances for which they have taken responsibility
- Follow up of any client queries/disputes with Partners/Fee Earners to ensure prompt resolution
- Undertake any other administrative tasks assigned by the Revenue Control Manager and/or HoD/Business Manager.
- Provide cover in the absence of other Department Revenue Controllers
- Client reporting requirements
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on or email
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.