Director of Fundraising - ES3150
The Director of Fundraising will be responsible for establishing a highly professional, coordinated fundraising operation that can deliver the funds needed to achieve the charity’s social mission. This is a new, senior role in an entrepreneurial and ambitious charity, requiring extensive strategic and operational experience. Do you think you have the right experience for this role? Keep reading to find out more!
The ideal Director of Fundraising can expect the following responsibilities:
• Developing and delivering a fundraising strategy;
• Providing vision, direction and expertise to the philanthropy/fundraising team;
• Identifying and securing fundraising opportunities including major donors; trusts and foundations; and corporates as well as Government and it’s agencies;
• Exploring new and innovative ways of delivering major funds to the charity;
• Personally delivering major donations from high net worth individuals and other sources;
• Working collaboratively with the Chief Executive on all aspects of fundraising;
• Producing regular reports of progress against plan;
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with donors and prospective donors;
• Leveraging the contacts of Trustees and pro bono supporters to good effect;
• Attracting, developing and leading a team of high performing staff;
• Supporting and following-up with the Chairman, Trustees, senior management and senior volunteers to encourage introductions to potential sources;
• Developing a detailed plan for any new major giving fundraising appeal;
• Taking the lead in the development of a culture that builds and values engagement with donors;
• Ensuring all communications with charities, associates, Board members and other stakeholders are prompt, clear and transparent;
• Contributing effectively to the operational and strategic development of the organisation.
The most suitable Director of Fundraising will have the following skills and experience:
• The new Director of Fundraising will be a highly respected professional fundraiser with a proven track record of raising personally, and through their team, significant funds for a charitable cause.
• Experience of growing and developing a fundraising team and of building the appropriate infrastructure to support that team.
• Able to demonstrate their ability to function at a strategic and operational level.
• Ability to master - and to communicate effectively - the venture philanthropy model that the charity deploys.
• Experience across all areas of fundraising with a particular emphasis on having raised substantial funds from high net worth Individuals, but also with experience of trusts, foundations and corporates.
• The ability to direct, lead and personally work through the fundraising cycle with donors (identify, research, prospect, cultivate, ask, close, thank, steward);
• Ability to develop and deliver on an ambitious fundraising strategy which meets the results expected;
• Good financial management with an ability to establish and deliver a budget, streamlining and finding economies where necessary;
• Excellent relationship skills to establish and maintain contacts with key stakeholders across sectors;
• Proven experience of building partnerships;
• Strategic thinking, planning and doing;
• Evidence of an innovative, creative approach and the ability to think laterally;
• Self-starter and team player with excellent inter-personal skills;
• Working well under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects;
• Assertiveness, tenacity, the commitment to 'win’;
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and a determined approach to deliver winning strategies
If you think you are the right person this charity is looking for, please do get in touch. We are looking for somebody to start ASAP for the Director of Fundraising role!