CAD Design Engineer
CAD Design Engineer
£30,000 - £40,000/annum Excellent Package Plus Benefits
We are working with a leading organisation based in Wiltshire, who due to growth now require a CAD Design Engineer to help support their dedicated design team. Our client is a company that supplies internationally, and has a fantastic reputation in providing quality of service to businesses.
This is an exciting time to join this company as they have rapid growth plans for 2017. As a senior member, reporting to the Design Director, you will as the Design Engineer be part of a small team in an incredibly diverse and challenging role which has considerable strategic input.
In addition the role includes;
• Site visits to advise on installation, the ideal candidate must be willing to travel on occasions, although most requirements are UK based
• Assuming responsibility for the project
• Delegating tasks to a minimum of 2 contractors
• AutoCAD 2D & Autodesk 3D CAD Software
• Developing the project engineer’s layout drawings in to fully detailed 3D models of steelwork, hoppers & ducting
• Working on bespoke steelwork and fabrications, in particular ETFE - Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene a fluorine-based plastic
• You will be required to create drawings for a variety of steel framed buildings working closely with clients to meet their specifications.
• Producing drawings for Steel Framed Buildings within a variety of sectors
• Creating 2D/3D CAD drawings for steel framed buildings
• Liaising with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to model/drawing requirements
• Drafting and detailing for a range of Steel Framed Buildings
• Contributing to projects from conception through to completion
• Assist with all aspects of office work including tender documents
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional with the following skills and experience;
• Experience of 3D CAD designing using Inventor
• Ability to perform design calculations back to first principles
• Proactive and energetic demeanor to deal with a high multitude of duties in this varied role
• Be able to engage with clients not just on a technical level, but also be able to give creative ideas to provide all clients with bigger and better structures
• AutoCAD 2D & Autodesk Inventor 3D cad software
• Knowledge of structural steel and steel framed buildings
• Strong working knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD
• Knowledge of the Construction industry is essential, in particular ETFE - Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, a fluorine-based plastic
• A good working knowledge of construction law is desirable but not essential
In return our client is offering a long-term position with great career progression opportunities, also you will have the Company Benefits which include Pension, Dental plan, optional gym membership etc.