Software Engineer Graduate
Our Abingdon based client is currently looking for Software Engineer's of all abilities (graduate - Senior) to join their thriving Nanotechnology company.
You will be a Software Engineer, ready to take the next step as a key player in the design and development of software architecture for machine accessories and retro-fits, for both current and new equiptment and automation. You will also be highly involved in identifying and solving problems related to production processes, equipment and manufacurability.
You will be a great communicator, and will ensure that the company's innovative technology is implemented and maintained efficiently and within the parameters defined.
In addition, there will be an immediate requirement for setting a robust software architecture, encompassing all current and new hardware.
- Working in conjuction with mechanical and automation engineering, and R&D in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines
- Project managing with hands-on ownership of all aspects of software developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensuring all prototypes are programmed to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assisting the R&D, Service and support and Manufactoring teams as and when required (time permitting)
- Occasional travelling may be required for this post
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering / Architecture (preferred); Other technical qualifications considered
- Strong multi language PLC / PAC programming capabilities; Opto 22, Mitsubishi, Siemens desirable, but other language packs considered
- The candidate needs excellent problem solving skills and must possess and be able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- 'Cradle to grave' development experience, with exposure to supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- Flowchart Creation and management
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High proficiency in machine / automation software development
- Experience in rapid architecture design and code reformatting
- Proficient in software diagnostics
- Experience in HMI design
- Creating / participating in FMEAs
- Design of experiment programs and design verification plans
- Experience of CE / UL standards would be advantageous, including; safety of machinery - general principles of design - risk assessment and risk reduction ISO 12100, Safety of machinery - safety related parts of control systems BS EN ISO 13849
- Proficient in the preparation of all related documentation
- Participating in activities with cross disciplinary project teams
Our Client is willing to accept applications from candidates with less than 5 years experience, as they are happy to offer career development for the right candidate.
Very competitive package available for the right person.