This is a brilliant new opportunity to join a leading plumbing merchants within the purchasing team. This role will be based within a busy office in Burnley and will require good attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
The key responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant include:
- Placing auto generated stock purchase orders
- Checking and processing the order quantities and vetting sent orders
- Completing and sending purchase orders to suppliers
- Assessing stock requirements within the company at both company & branch level.
- Identifying overstocks within branches and redistributing stock throughout the company
- Analysing insufficient stock report and realigning stock levels
- Assisting with the implementation of manufacturers price increases onto the system
- Manipulating, uploading & maintaining manufacturers complete price files on the system.
- Creating new product codes on the system.
- Checking and verifying any supplier invoice queries
The ideal candidate for this purchasing assistant role should possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to use own initiative and overcome setbacks
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Previous data entry experience would be advantageous
- Ability to multi-task in time sensitive situations
- Ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients
For more information about this role please contact Harriet Oakes at Robert Walters or 0161-214-7434