My client are a well known Media company based in Central London. They are looking for a Financial controller to be an effective leader in their finance function, with the ability to work closely with the Managing Directors and the wider Group.
Responsible for, developing and managing all aspects of the business's finances including performance, business support, forecasting and planning, risk management and statutory reporting, implementing the correct adoption of financial policy, ensuring best practice controls and that high quality financial data is available to support he business unit. Be part of the leadership team and business partner with the joint Managing Directors, Head of Production and Head of Business Affairs to both financially and strategically lead the business.
- Produce timely, accurate monthly management accounts for the management team, attend the management meeting explaining the accounts to a creative team.
* Produce timely, accurate monthly management accounts for Parent Company including adjustments for US GAAP revenue recognition and WIP.
* Assist Parent FP&A contact with month to month and full year reforecasts, highlighting any risks and opportunities.
* Be the key financial interface between client and parent
* Understanding of how a business works both commercially and financially
* Managing and develop an established team
* Compliance - statutory reporting to the Inland Revenue, clear understanding of tax implications.
* Complete all necessary VAT/tax return documentation
* Run the annual budget process
* Monthly forecasting
* Monitor and improve internal controls and ensure good working practices across department
* Primary contact for the auditors, and responsible for year-end statutory accounts and audit process
* Ownership of the Balance Sheet
* Ad-hoc tasks and one-off projects
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent with 2 Years PQE
* Media Industry Experience or similar
* Excellent MS Office skills, including advanced skills in Excel
* Knowledge of UK and US GAAP and specifically FRS101
* Demonstrated ability to pick up new accounting system
* Experience Managing people
* Experience reporting to a Matrix
* High level of organisational skills, attention to detail
* Proactive and displays initiative
Radley Green acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.