Here at the Hood Group we are looking for a Residential Property Business Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of the income plan and identifying opportunities externally and internally. The role holder will also provide the day to day leadership and management of a team managing the execution of vision and distribution strategy to achieve growth, sales and revenue targets of the group. The role holder will work closely with the Head of Residential Property and other senior stakeholders for all areas of delivery of the Residential insurance proposition. The salary on offer is up to £60,000pa dependent on experience, with 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Candidates must be within a reasonable commute of Southend on Sea and there will be some UK travel.
Some of the Key Responsibilities required include:
- Effectively leading people and driving a high performance culture through communicating the business plan and vision, engaging all within the team, keeping them up to date with performance against plan.
- Working closely with the Pricing Team to understand benchmark pricing ensuring ongoing monitoring and review is undertaken.
- Working with Account Relationship Manager, Branch Manager and Broker Executives to spot income opportunities for both new and existing business and regularly reviewing account performance.
- Working closely with the Marketing, Innovation and E-commerce team to maximize performance.
- Identifying skills gaps for the team and create a capability plan to support overall development.
- Representing the Head of Residential Property in any internal and external meetings as required
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years personal lines insurance experience, particularly in Home and Lettings insurance products and can demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of personal lines insurance products, account management and distribution.
- Experience in managing and developing relationships within a B2B environment, across a range of affinity, corporate partners and Insurers with a proven and current successful track record in this area.
- An ability to produce and support accurate and quantifiable business forecasting.
The Hood Group is a privately owned business providing insurance solutions for over 30 years to some of the most well respected brands, insurance partners and financial intermediaries. Established in 1983, we came from modest beginnings in the City of London with a small team of passionate people who wanted to help change insurance for the better. We offer our partners an end-to-end service; from product and quote platform design through to sales and retentions. The Hood Group is now one of the largest employers in South East Essex with around 180 staff, award winning services and cutting edge technology.
We invest in the careers of all our staff, through training, qualifications and by providing a pro-active learning environment. We understand the importance of staff wellbeing and maintaining a good work/life balance and also provide opportunities such as flexible working and career breaks. There is a Group funded Sports and Social committee and we provide free local gym membership, seated acupressure massages, and fitness classes in our onsite Wellbeing studio. On completion of probation we also provide an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful. As no relocation fees will be provided, we can only accept applications from candidates eligible to live and work in the UK.
However don't miss out on new opportunities, visit our website.