Location: Covering PE, LN & NG postcodes
Salary: £40-42,000 + Vehicle
My client are a FTSE 250 business providing facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector businesses. They have revenues in excess of £1.8bn and a reputation for being the best in their business.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for all maintenance, reactive and small works within the scope of the contracts ensuring that all contractual obligations are met in conjunction with the contract Commercial and Technical Managers.
- To ensure financial targets are met in line with annual reviews budgets.
- To ensure that all planned preventative maintenance and reactive works are carried out efficiently and to the Client's satisfaction.
- To ensure that all personnel under your control work efficiently and maintain required standards in line with contractual obligations.
- To be responsible for staff motivation and discipline and control the allocation of labour to tasks
- To ensure compliance with Health, Quality, Safety and Environmental standards and all training is delivered within the required time frame to include TBTs & WSHS.
- To recruit, manage and effectively plan a mobile team of M&E and Fabric engineers to ensure full PPM compliance and reactive attendance within set contractual SLA's.
- To control all planned and reactive maintenance and small works activities in accordance with the established Quality Management System including participation in internal and external audits.
- To be responsible for Site Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
- To ensure Risk Assessments are completed and maintained. Control Measures adopted in compliance with statutory provisions, codes of practice and guidance.
- To ensure Accident Record sheets are completed and incidents reported.
- Day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with support and advice from HR
- Attendance on HR related courses to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities
- To liaise with Suppliers and Sub-contractors, to achieve optimum efficiency in conjunction with the Commercial & Technical Managers.
- To be responsible for the financial control of the contracts achieving annual budgets.
- To oversee the planned preventative maintenance programme.
- To produce system reports as required for both internal management information and client contract reviews in accordance with the Quality Management System and Site Specific requirements.
- To act as principal managerial point of local client contact. Organise emergency call-outs including the tasking of standby engineers and attendance on site as required.
- To prepare quotations for additional works and contract amendments as requested in conjunction with the contract Commercial Manager.
- To liaise and control small works operation and oversee projects.
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- Trade Skill qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering (preferable).
- Good Management Skills.
- Good Organisational Skills.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Computer Literate.
- Excellent commercial awareness.