Premier comprises a number of significant brands that require effective marketing in competitive and challenging marketplaces. The purpose of this role is contribute towards creating and delivering excellent marketing plans that increase audience/readership/visitors, maximise commercial and donation revenue and further the ministry aims of Premier.
HOURS OF WORK:Full-time: 9.15am - 5.15pm (35 hours pw)
REPORTING TO: Marketing Manager
SALARY:£25,000-£30,000pa (depending on skills and experience)
- Support the delivery of an effective and sustained pro-active marketing strategy
- Using the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
- To contribute to the strategic planning of long term marketing plan to drive forward agreed company objectives.
- Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies;
- To carry out market research and customer surveys to assess demand, brand positioning and awareness
- To evaluate marketing campaigns
- Monitoring on-going campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur.
- Undertaking detailed on-going analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met
- Ensure that all materials produced are consistent with the organisation position and branding
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns for conferences and exhibitions.
- Play a role in the organisation of Premier events
- To maintain, build and update mailing databases
- To arrange for the effective distribution of marketing materials
- To manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters and flyers. This can involve writing and proofreading copy, and liaising with designers and printers.
- To support the marketing manager, and other colleagues
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations
- Provide marketing support to other departments as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Marketing would be an advantage
- CIM qualification desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role strongly desirable
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Ability to accurately analyse campaign results and draw conclusions from them
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage a number of projects to deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to undertake marketing research
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good grasp of the complete marketing mix (traditional and digital channels)
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- The post holder will work in a Christian environment, therefore it will be necessary for the post-holder to have respect for the Christian faith, its values and be in sympathy with our organisational aims
COMPANY BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Premier is the UK’s leading Christian media house. We broadcast Premier Christian Radio nationwide on DAB digital radio and Freeview, Premier Praise on national DAB as well as Premier Gospel on DAB radio in London and Surrey. All three radio stations are also available online and via the Premier app. We also publish magazines serving the Christian community, including Premier Christianity, in print and digital editions, as well as Premier Youth & Childrens Work
Our websites have a combined average weekly traffic of around 40,000 visits and provide on demand audio and video. Premier Lifeline: the national Christian helpline is one of the UK’s top 10 helplines by number of calls. We have over a million weekly listeners and 15,000 monthly magazine subscribers. Premier is wholly owned by the charity Premier Christian Media Trust.
We work in a fast-moving and demanding multimedia office environment, changing and reacting to news and technology by the day. We look for lively, high performance individuals who are dedicated, willing and flexible.
Due to the number of applications we receive we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please accept that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Premier reserves the right to conduct interviews before the closing date for application.