The position is within the Operations Team of Autosport Media UK. The team is responsible for the successful execution and high quality delivery of the Autosport International exhibition (www.autosportinternational.com) and other events.
This is mainly a team-oriented role with a high volume of admin. It also requires the employee to work on his or her own initiative, to be highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised. The employee is responsible for providing a high quality of support service within the team to ensure the smooth running of the exhibition and other events.
Your professionalism will be key to every aspect of the role and you will need to possess exceptional time management, multi-tasking and communication skills; and will be able to work accurately under pressure, working to tight deadlines. A `can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic is a must. This position will involve some late working hours in the office and will also require working away from home onsite at the exhibition and other events.
No direct event experience is required; however, it would be an advantageous, and a strong desire to work in the events industry is a must.
- Providing a day to day advice service to exhibitors in the planning of their stand activity - answering phone and email queries.
- Sending out the exhibitor manual to new exhibitor when booked
- Processing and chasing of exhibitor forms and safety paperwork required.
- Collation & chasing of space only stand plans, risk assessments and method statements.
- Communication with contractors, venue team and internal staff to deliver exhibitor requirements.
- Processing new booking forms from the sales team - ensuring operations section of the database is updated with trading names for stand name boards.
- Adding new orders into the exhibitor passes master database.
- Circulation of updated exhibitor lists to official contractors.
- Maintaining accurate records & schedules for onsite deliverables.
General Department Duties
- Set up and management of the online manuals. This includes collating order forms from the venue and contractors. Reporting and collation.
- Contractor liaison for ordering services such as office equipment, internet lines, furniture, signage, electrics, stand build, radios, AV equipment, catering, temporary staff, floral, feature requirements, shell scheme, carpet etc, and maintaining accurate records and schedules.
- Booking accommodation, maintaining schedules & liaison with Hotels as required.
- Attending show meetings and taking minutes for circulation when required.
- Management of Exhibitor Pass process and liaison with exhibitors and pass providers to ensure a first class service.
- Ordering and processing of staff and crew passes for the shows.
- Assisting with show features.
- Research ideas and post show reporting
- Assistance with office Health & Safety.
- Production of the Event floor plans ensuring accuracy and venue & local authority compliance. Liaising with the CAD office, venue management and sales team as required.
- Management of on-site Organisers office - to be responsible for the effective set up, smooth running, staff briefing.
- Liaison with onsite contractors, Health & Safety and venue team to deliver all exhibition / event requirements
- Assisting when required on the customer service desk, with Feature Management and any other ad-hoc duties.
This job description is a guideline only and is not intended to imply any limitation as to the duties required by the role.
All CV applications should include a covering letter.