Senior Technical Specialist - Linux/Storage
Job Title: Senior Linux Technical Specialist
Work Location: Coventry, UK
Role Type: Permanent
Our client, UK’s leading financial institution are looking to appoint a Senior Linux Technical Specialist to be responsible for the design, build and implementation of Technical solutions to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps under direction from the Technical Lead or Project Manager. To provide guidance, support and training to less experienced members of the team and provide out of hours support as required to meet operational IT needs.
- Linux (preferably Red Hat) product Installation, Administration and Tuning.
- UNIX (preferably Solaris 10 & 11) and Layered Product Administration and Tuning.
- Apache/Tomcat Web services
- Scripting skills predominantly Korn shell
- Scheduling software (Xi-batch)
- An appreciation of IBM Netezza (Linux) appliances and Data Warehouses.
- Project based experience
- Experience in coordinating technical team members
What we offer:
- Salary £39489- £59235
- 23 days annual leave
- Annual Bonus