Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are currently working with the Lincolnshire site of a UK food group as they look to recruit a Production/Manufacturing Manager until at least the end of September.
The company is currently going through an internal re-structure and the purpose of this role is to sit in between the Production Manager and Manufacturing Manager and assist the business (and the Supervisors) during this period of re-structuring.
Reporting into the Manufacturing Manager, the tasks involved in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, co-ordinate and prioritise activity across a shift to deliver productivity and efficiency targets in line with the agreed production plan
- Ensure the adherence of all food manufacturing safety and quality standards by all teams on shift safeguarding the delivery of great tasting, high quality food products
- Review operational trends across the shift to identify and act upon opportunities that make sustainable improvements in quality, performance and profit
- Lead the ongoing development of the SHE culture, promoting adherence to manufacturing guidelines, accident investigation and audit recommendations to support and improve health and safety in the working environment
- Ensure that strong communication and information flows are maintained within the operations team to ensure that immediate issues are resolved and ongoing items and trends are shared with the broader operations community
- Forecast and control labour requirements, direct and indirect, to meet production programme requirements and customer expectations within budget
- Monitor and review team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximise their potential
- Implement the end to end manufacturing plan in order to achieve the manufacturing unit EBIT/Productivity Objectives
- Contributes to business planning that defines the manufacturing budget and then controls manufacturing spend, within sign off limits, ensuring costs are aligned with business requirement and agreed budget
- Monitor and take corrective action to ensure that labour and materials are being utilised in cost efficient processes which delivers product to manufacturing food safety and customer standards
- Implement SHE plan/performance across the manufacturing teams in order to enhance employees health and safety wellbeing in the workplace
- Consult and advise with relevant departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of all new capital investment projects/machinery to deliver best operational advantage
- Highlight bottleneck processes and take mitigating action that will deliver labour/waste targets
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe engaged, focused and delivering to their potential
This is a high profile role, working for a well known brand who require an experienced Production or Manufacturing Manager to work with the business over the next 5/6 months.
They do require someone with experience of working in a similar role within the food industry, ideally chilled or short life food, and someone who can come in and hit the ground running.
The company can offer a competitive salary package and benefits package.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.