Our client is a successful and profitable family owned Yorkshire SME experiencing rapid growth in diverse but related markets. Current turnover is in excess of £3m and they are about to expand production and operational facilities in preparation for significant further growth. They provide value added high quality products to OEMs distributors and private clients in the automobile related sectors and are renowned as a market leader. Their clients are based in the UK and abroad.
Their growth strategy is well founded and they require an experienced Finance Manager to continue to develop a structured and sustainable approach to this area of the business.
You will need to be very comfortable working in a small company environment with the desire to become a key player in a closely knit management team. Although the company is well established and undoubtedly a professional organisation, you will be able and encouraged to introduce relevant new thinking and methods.
Reporting to: Managing Director
- Maintain and develop current finance processes / procedures in line with current and future company requirements.
- Assist in formulating budgets, and provide reports monitoring performance against budget.
- Constantly produce accurate product costings and work closely with Sales to agree commercial margins across product groups.
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the selection and development of a more cross departmental / integrated IT provision.
- Overall responsibility for sales and purchase ledgers, credit control, cash management and planning.
- Develop mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Manage payroll and assist in administration of the pension scheme.
- Some foreign currency transactions - exchange rate management.
- Ongoing liaison with auditors, bank and HMRC as required.
Start date: May / June 2017
Package: Salary in region of £40K.
Location: Leeds / Bradford area, West Yorkshire
- Ambitious commercially minded finance professional.
- Recognised financial qualifications.
- Capable of fulfilling all the above responsibilities.
- Able and happy to work in a small but fast growing business.
- Must work in the detail as well as providing appropriate direction and input to management.
- A leader, who can manage change sensitively and effectively.
- Driven, self - motivated and possessing initiative.