These are exciting times for our client. A relatively new venture supported by one of the largest companies in the world they are looking to double in size over the next couple of years. Due to this they are looking to add a Workshop Manager to their team Plant team based in St Neots. Overseeing a team of direct reports including Fitters and office staff you will have overall responsibility for their Plant Maintenance site and delivering the companies vision.
You will be capable of driving change and building culture within a Plant Maintenance environment with safety at the forefront of everything you do. Managing day to day operations in the workshop, completing workload in an efficient manner, to quality standards and within budget. Driving improvements in availability of plant whilst reducing long term maintenance spend.
In return the company pay a competitive salary, overtime at advanced rates, Pension scheme, Bupa Health care, Accident & Life Cover, and Child Care Vouchers to name a few. With plans to expand dramatically there will be future opportunities for career growth and development as they open more sites.
- Overall responsibility for workshop including work flow, maintenance activities, and progress through workshop
- Making sure all work is registered on the company systems to assist with job flow and scheduling
- Maintain accurate safety, maintenance and repair records for all assets
- Ongoing communication with internal stakeholders and part suppliers ensuring supplies are readily available for required work
- Progress reports on each job communicating any delays to senior management
- Promote a culture of safety first with health and safety at the forefront of everything you do
- Promote continuous improvement within the business
Experience / Knowledge required:
- Engineering trade qualification - Apprenticeship/NVQ 3/Degree
- IOSH - Managing safely
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Full and clean driving licence
- A background of working in Maintenance on Plant such as Excavators, Telehandlers, Dumpers, Rollers etc.
- Knowledge of Electrical Fault finding, Hydraulics, Fault Diagnosis and Pneumatics
- Good Communicator
- Salary £40,000 £45,000 per annum depending on experience
- Monday to Friday Hours
- Fantastic career opportunities as company grows
- 33 days holiday
- Bupa health care
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Child Care vouchers
*** Workshop Manager , Supervisor , Maintenance Fitter , Maintenance , IOSH , PPM , CAT , JCB , Hitachi , Dumpers , Excavators , Tele-handlers , Rollers