Software Test Analyst
We are looking for a Software Tester / Analyst to work within our Product Services Department, who will be primarily responsible for producing and executing test plans. The position requires close liaison and consultation with software developers and other members of the organisation.
You will need to be highly motivated, have strong communication and problem solving skills, be able to rise to the challenge of working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking, innovative and collaborative team environment and be prepared to extend and apply your technical skills.
NetSupport offers an excellent working environment, a positive, friendly and inclusive culture, up to 27 days holiday, workplace pension, flexi-time, free parking and additional employee perks.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Designing test cases and following testing standards
- Creating, maintaining and performing manual regression test scripts
- Diagnosing and investigating product faults
- Creating test plans and testing on various network environments
Essential Skills Required:
- 2-3 years’ solid experience in a Technical Support or Software Testing role
- Sound understanding of testing strategy, planning, test case design and bug reporting
- A good understanding of PC-based operating systems and applications
- A methodical and logical approach to product testing, coupled with good diagnostic skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of setting up PCs, PC peripherals and networks using Windows 7, 8, 10
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of networking technologies (ie DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, Unicast, Multicast, Wifi)
- Excellent time management skills
Desirable skills for the role:
- Experience with iOS and Android Mobile platforms
- Experience with Mac OS X and Linux distributions
- Database/SQL experience
Since 1989 NetSupport has been at the forefront of developing innovative software solutions to aid in the management of desktop computers and their users. NetSupport products are distributed worldwide through our global headquarters in the United Kingdom and NetSupport Group sales and support centres in USA, Germany and Canada. Our network of independent partners extends the geographic reach of our software to all parts of the world and currently supports over 16 million licensed devices.
Our flagship products are the highly successful NetSupport DNA - IT asset Management suite, NetSupport Manager Remote Control and PC management software and NetSupport School, the market-leading classroom management and training software solution for Windows®, Mac, Linux, ChromeOS, iOS and Android.
NetSupport’s evolving product range also includes: browser-based helpdesk solution NetSupport ServiceDesk; NetSupport Notify, its mass notification and desktop alerting tool and NetSupport Protect, a security tool designed to protect the content and configuration of desktop PCs. The latest addition to the range is NetSupport Assist, a classroom monitoring solution for Mac® and Linux environments.