Revenue & Reservations Manager - Hotel Sunnyside
For full details please see the job advert on Unlocking Potential Jobs.
Hotel Sunnyside is looking for a manager or experienced assistant/supervisor looking to take the next step up to oversee the back of house activities of our hotel and sister businesses. This office-based role will focus on the key areas of rate management and reservations/bookings to maintain existing business and develop new customers and revenue streams. The role will also incorporate social media and general office duties to allow the current hotel management to focus on front of house activities.
This role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to progress in the role, contributing to an exciting portfolio of hospitality brands with ambitious plans for the future. You will receive support to succeed in your role, 28 days paid leave and performance-based bonuses in addition to your annual salary.
Nature of work undertaken:
After initial induction and familiarisation with the company, the successful applicant will be taking on a key role in developing the success of the business. Reporting to the Directors, the key objective of this role is to creatively identify and target ways to increase hotel occupancy levels/bookings and increase turnover within all businesses.
Day-to-day duties will include answering telephone calls, responding to email enquiries, processing bookings, revenue analysis, and monitoring competitors’ rates.
The successful candidate will:
· Take on the exciting opportunity to research and develop a sales strategy for the new operations of the business, including surf school and beach bar, and will play an integral part of the anticipated rebrand of the hotel at the end of the current season.
· Have a keen interest in the hospitality industry and what makes people want to come and return to a particular venue.
· Be able to communicate effectively with the respective site managers, helping and supporting where necessary to ensure good relationships are developed and maintained.
· Manage a small team of seasonal reservationists (April-September).
The role is offered on an average 40 hour working week with an annualised working pattern in account of the seasonality of the
The successful candidate will be supported to take on responsibility for:
· Implementing a new sales strategy for the hotel and supporting businesses
· Managing the Online Travel Agencies (OTA) rates and online reputation for Hotel Sunnyside
· Assessing performance and ROI of the different marketing channels
· Managing the hotel reservations, restaurant bookings, and activity centre and school group bookings
· Co-ordinating all bookings in order to maximise availability
· Forging new relationships with local businesses to strengthen the hotel's package offering
· Assisting with the company’s marketing and social media endeavours
· Managing guest feedback and surveys
· Compiling financial and guest satisfaction reports
· Assisting the Directors with delegated duties to include HR, payroll, and financial projects
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
· Bright, confident, creative, innovative, commercially minded approach
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationship development and customer service
· Excellent ability with IT, administration, numeracy, analysis and strong attention to detail
· Proven experience with an office-based role
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Self-motivated, organised, and reliable
· Ability to work creatively with limited resources
· Degree level qualification in marketing, business or related subject
· Experience of reservations, sales or business development preferably in the leisure sector
· Experience of managing a successful project from start to finish
· Experience of managing a Wordpress website
· Experience of managing a Facebook Ads campaign
· Experience of graphic design for social media ads and email marketing
We currently oversee six complimentary businesses: Hotel Sunnyside, Great Western Beach, The Slope Beach Bar + Kitchen, Newquay Surfing School, First Wave Adventures, and No.5 Brewhouse.
Please apply via Unlocking Potential Jobs website with a CV and cover letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for this role.