Front Office Assistant / Middle Office - Corporate Banking
Prestigious banking organisation is seeking a graduate Corporate Banking FO/MO Assistant to join the current team in assisting the team transact across Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions and Trade Finance facilities. A degree holder would be preferred with a professional qualification either studying or attained ACIB / CFA / "Chartered Banker exam / MSc in Corporate Finance. The role in time will see you transition into a origination / RM opportunity at this A+ / AA rated bank.
Overview of the Role;
To provide front office/RM support within a middle office, credit administration and reporting role providing a bridge in Corporate Banking’s dealings with Treasury, Credit Admin, Loans Admin and other divisions at the bank.
- Prepare the Loan Drawdown Authority Request (LDAR) in accordance with the facility approval and follow up with Credit and Loans Admin to ensure timely and correct drawdown.
- Take responsibility of all aspects of Corporate Banking secondary sales.
- Undertake KYC related to all Corporate Banking clients
- Monitor adherence to covenants in loan and guarantee documentation
- Be involved in the preparation and finalisation of all loan and guarantee documentation to make sure that all internal funding and operational guide lines are adhered to.
- Assist with call backs, verification's and all payment-related responsibilities of Corporate Banking
- Manage and follow-up on any deficiencies relating to documentation and covenants as well as limit breaches, insurances, etc.
- Handle all administrative elements of loan drawings for Corporate Banking and interaction with other branches.
- Complete all clients and exposure reports required from Corporate Banking.
- Maintain quality of Corporate Banking’s data on Equation and as used for regulatory reporting purposes
Qualification & Experience
Qualifications: Ideally at least 1 years Trade / Loans / Real Estate operational or middle office, credit administration or back office experience in a banking organisation.
You will ideally have experience covering/having;
- Banking operational issue
- Loan and Guarantee Documentation
- Management Information Reporting
- Efficient organisation of time and priorities
- Good communication skills and a professional attitude
- Flexibility and strong inter-personal skills
Key Person skills;
- Taking ownership of the issues faced to see them through to a successful conclusion.
- Hands-on, forward thinking, problem solving attitude.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently in a structured manner.
- Strong ability to manage deadlines and clients/other external counterparties’ expectations
- Ensure compliance with the banks policies and procedures.
- Open interaction with the RMs and team members.
- Flexible attitude to assisting colleagues across teams.