Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer
Salary: £22,000 TO £30,000 Depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Application Support Engineer Job Description:
Gilmond Consulting provides IT systems and services to the energy retail sector which have been specifically developed in house with a single point of data entry, sophisticated workflow management and automated industry interaction.
Our Application Support Engineers aim to provide highly skilled technical support across our core systems to ensure business impacting issues are kept to a minimum whilst delivering an excellent client and customer experience.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide technical 2nd/3rd line support on core SaaS business systems.
- Manage and prioritise the delivery of Incident or Service Requests using the ITSM/CMDB platform.
- Identify and diagnose issues quickly to apply fixes or workarounds, minimising business impact.
- Provide Gilmond client representatives daily updates in regards to active work queues.
- Proactively contribute knowledge and expertise to Gilmond client teams to enhance the client and customer experience.
- Identify software enhancements for development and service improvement initiatives through day to day analysis of core business systems.
- Work with Gilmond client teams on third party challenges for improvement initiatives.
- Work with the in-house product development and IT teams to ensure client requested software changes and enhancements are delivered to client expectations including coaching, feature presentation and communications.
- Work with the in-house IT team to make sure SaaS is optimised and client experience is maintained to the highest standards.
Application Support Engineer Key Skills:
- Previous experience in an Application Support role.
- Previous experience working within an ITIL environment.
- An understanding of SaaS.
- Knowledge of Oracle database server including creating SQL views and queries.
- Knowledge in PL SQL including the ability to query/develop in databases.
- Understanding of Azure environments (advantageous).
- Knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft tools.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Confident and effective communicator with the capability of bridging the gap between technology and non-IT literate individuals.
- Positive and flexible 'can-do' attitude with a wiliness to go above and beyond for both the team and clients.
- Quick learner.
- Previous knowledge of the energy sector (advantageous).
What we offer
- Salary £25,000 - £35,000 DOE
- Fantastic working environment in offices with sea views in central Bournemouth
- 30 days' holiday (inclusive of 8 bank / public holidays)
- Pension Contribution Plan
- Cycle2Work Scheme
Who we Are:
Gilmond Consulting was established in early 2006 to provide quality IT products and services to the UK energy market, especially companies engaged in the retail supply of electricity and gas. Gilmond personnel all have a strong industry background and extensive experience in establishing, accrediting, managing and operating energy supply businesses and providing IT and operational support to such businesses. iSupply Energy has been operating as an energy supplier in the UK market since 2012. Through a combination of passionate leadership, proud staff and innovative system technology, we have created a fresh approach to how energy is supplied in the UK. As a result we have gone from strength to strength to achieve sustainable success. More importantly we have created a model which is easily scalable as we continue our rapid expansion. Put simply our primary objective has been to achieve sustainable profitability whilst never deviating from our core passion. This passion has always been and will always continue to be, to provide our customers with cheaper, simple energy tariffs which don't compromise on quality and which provide a very real way of helping reduce monthly energy bills. We are proud that we are currently one of the cheapest electricity providers in the market for most regions of the UK and we intend to stay that way.
We are now in a period of considerable expansion and require staff that are as passionate about achieving excellence as we are. If you are looking for a career with outstanding potential then please get in contact immediately.
Apply below today for the chance an early interview!