Data Modeller / Statistician
Data / Statistics / R / SAS / Cardiff / Modeller / Wales / Analysis / Scorecard / Statistical / SQL / Maths / Mathematics / Credit / Economics / Finance / Financial / Modelling /
Data Modeller/ Statistician
One of the UK's leading Fintech organizations is looking to recruit a data modeller.
The successful candidate would be required to take a role in a data modelling and ad-hoc statistical analysis capacity. The primary responsibility would be use statistical modelling techniques to help build various predictive scorecard models, both internally and externally. Other responsibilities will include providing adhoc analysis, customer visits and support, and presenting conclusions to management. In addition, some aspects of the job will include communication with, and travel to, our international offices to offer support and expertise to both branches and customers.
- To build predictive models (scorecards) for both the company and the customers, such as application, behavioural, retention, termination and other scorecards.
- To regularly monitor and validate the scorecards.
- To carry out statistical analysis on large volumes of data.
- To provide support to the business in carrying out ad-hoc data analysis using the latest statistical techniques.
- To present findings to management.
- To work closely with other departments.
- To work as part of a larger data analyst team helping out with various projects.
- To act as a point of contact for statistical queries.
- To assist in any project work that involves the statistical analysis of data.
- Travel overseas (occasional short visits e.g. Mon to Fri) to support the company or customers in various projects.
Knowledge & Skill Basic Requirements:
- Knowledge/ background/ experience in carry out scorecard modelling and the techniques behind (e.g. Logistic Regression/Decision Trees etc.). Minimum 2 to 3 years of working experience.
- Computer literate with experience of using statistical software such as SAS or the use of Open Source technology such as 'R'.
- Experience of using and understanding SQL (essential).
- Post-graduate education preferable in a relevant subject such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial Engineering etc.; but not a requirement, should past experience be both extensive and relevant.
- Knowledge of the Credit Risk Scoring.
- Analytical minded, problem solving abilities and the ability to work under your own initiative.
- The ability to perform under pressure and meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
For a confidential conversation, please call Adam Curnow on