IT Support Analyst
Addaction is one of the largest specialist treatment charities in the UK. We play a pivotal role in the development and delivery of effective treatment for adults, young people and families whose lives have been affected by drugs or alcohol. In 2016/17 we managed 117 services, helping over 48,000 people. The majority of our income comes from contracts granted to us by statutory bodies for the provision of services.
Over the past nine years Addaction has grown rapidly, trebling its income from £27 million in 2007/08 to £79 million in 2016/17. We have done this by winning new contracts through competitive tendering processes, and by obtaining grant funding for innovative and targeted work.
- To support the delivery of IT Projects and to provide general administrative support to the IT Team
- To be responsible for the day to day administration of IT projects ensuring accuracy and attention to detail are the foundation of services delivered
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
Strategy and Leadership
- Deputise for the IT Projects Manager as and when required.
- Provide cover for the IT Support Technician (where skill sets permit)
- Facilitate the smooth running of the IT Projects within Addaction, providing support to the IT Projects Manager.
- Provide general administrative support to the IT team.
- Conduct ad hoc research as directed by the IT Projects Manager.
- Provide field support as and when required, including site visits and equipment delivery and/or recovery.
- Provide an interface between IT and the business for specific projects as required.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to the IT Team as and when requested.
- Create, maintain and delete any IT owned Intranet content as directed (e.g. processes, self-help documentation etc.)
- Assist with the creation and/or maintenance of IT project plans.
- Create and/or maintain IT Project progress/status reports.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with IT Project suppliers to ensure effective communication supports the organisational objectives.
- Liaise with IT Suppliers regarding the administration of users and user accounts resulting from IT Projects (additions/amendments/deletions) ensuring accuracy and response timescales are within expectations.
- Be responsible for the administration of hardware, software, network and telephony assets resulting from IT projects (additions/amendments/deletions), including the disposal and re-allocation of IT assets.
- Assist with procurement and pricing as directed by the IT Projects Manager.
- Be responsible for the effective co-ordination of 3rd Party IT Project suppliers.
- Use initiative to support task delivery in relation to IT Projects, ensuring actions are appropriate and as directed by the IT Projects Manager or as required by project plans.
- Maintain a current knowledge of key relevant industry and business processes.
- Keep abreast of developments including trends and product releases affecting the IT and telecommunications industries, relevant to the IT Support Analyst role.
Information and Documentation
- Ensure accurate documentation (and development where applicable) of IT Project processes and procedures.
- Provide (or update) IT Asset information related to all IT Projects (add/changes/deletes) in order to maintain an accurate inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate central database of Addaction sites covering both technical and site specific data by providing (or updating) the information related to IT Projects.
Location: Central Office, Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6PU
Full Time equivalent salary: £20,962 - £22,871pa
Contracted Hours per week: 37.5 hrs
Normal Hours: Mon to Fri
Allowance Amount / Type: London Weighting - £2,759pa
Other Benefits: Please see our website