Compliance Manager - General Insurance
FourthLine are currently representing our International Insurance Client as they recruit for a Compliance Manager to join a second line of defence Compliance Advisory and Financial Crime team. Following internal promotion, the firm is looking to recruit a business facing advisory professional who is able to provide policy and strategy advice to various stakeholders operating across several business lines. We want to speak with confident and ambitious candidates seeking a varied and challenging role in a growing business.
Day to day responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide support, advice and guidance on the compliance framework and policies and procedures and guide the business to identify, assess and manage compliance risk and meet regulatory requirements.
- Provide focused specialist compliance advice to divisional staff taking into account business / client needs, external best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the management and delivery of compliance work and wider projects.
- Provide expert policy advice on a range of regulatory issues with a special focus on wholesale conduct risk. Be familiar with the business and current regulatory and compliance initiatives in a way that is likely to meet the Financial Conduct Authority compliance requirements applying to a C2 firm.
- Respond to a wide range of complex compliance enquiries
Suitable candidates for this role will have the below skills and experience:
- Compliance and regulatory background working within General Insurance, Speciality Insurance or Insurance Broking
- Excellent policy and advisory experience with expert knowledge of conduct risk, ideally within a wholesale environment
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to face off to senior stakeholders
- Ability to sell compliance and embed a strong compliance culture
If you would be interested in a further discussion about this role, please send me an email with an up to date CV and a convenient time to talk about your suitability for the role.