Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
£28,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Package
Perpetual Engineering is working in partnership with a global expert in the design, development, and manufacture of special purpose machinery. The company have established themselves as a market leader and their name has become synonymous with unique quality and outstanding products. Part of the reason for their success is their ability to adapt and grow in an ever-changing lucrative market. They are now looking to develop exciting new products and are investing heavily in R + D projects moving forward.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a genuine Passion for mechanical design and development and thirst for designing bespoke machinery. You will be a forward thinking individual with imaginative and innovative mentality. You will have an appetite for bringing new ideas to the table and demonstrate a love of tackling difficult engineering projects and delivering solutions. The right candidate will be able to communicate at all levels from shop floor to senior management and enjoy managing their own design projects.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work closely with program managers to take projects from initial concept, right through to completion. This includes dealing directly with the customer, working from coming up with the concept design (developing layout, geometric tolerancing, scale, material selection, and design calculations), carrying out all design work and overseeing product testing and specification through to build and commissioning.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Liaising with the customers and the sales team to establish customer requirements and produce a design specification.
- Use Solidworks and AutoCAD to produce design drawings for the manufacture of sheet metal components, components for conveyor systems, pneumatics and large Steel structural fabrications. Producing Part numbers and BOM's.
- Liaising with customers and the internal sales department to establish requirements and produce a design specification.
- Assisting the sales department by producing estimated costs for tenders.
- Attending site surveys and meetings with customer in preparation for machinery installations.
- Presentation of design solutions at internal and external customer design review meetings
- Identifying and reporting long and short term project resource requirements.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Apprentice trained in mechanical or mechatronic engineering discipline and 3 years post apprenticeship design experience.
- HNC, HND, or BSC in a relevant engineering discipline and 3 years post graduate design experience.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D design software
Benefits, Prospects & Training
You will receive first class training including personal development and the opportunity to work alongside some of the most highly skilled engineers in the industry. The company is keen on investing in their staff, giving them the tools and training they need to achieve their full potential.
Immediate start is available with interviews being held currently. If you would like to apply please send your C.V quoting the job reference alternatively call Jamie directly on to discuss this opportunity furtherWe operate a £250 refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself £250! Please enquire for further details.
Nb. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position. Perpetual Engineering Partnerships is part of the Cygnet Group of companies based in Northwich and specialise in providing the best quality contract and permanent engineers to the white collar market. We offer a truly unique approach to other recruitment companies by providing an internal engineering perspective and assessment which is unrivalled in the market. We are looking to add value to both clients and candidates alike with a pioneering mix of both recruitment and engineering methods. If this is a concept you are interested in regardless of your relevance to the position advertised then please send your cv or visit our website at www.perpetualengineering.co.uk or call on .