Database Analyst - Leading Automotive Company - Milton Keynes £22k-£25k
Database Analyst for leading automotive company in Milton Keynes
£23k - £25k plus benefits
Working with web developers, you will be supplying data to support websites for a leading automotive company in Milton Keynes. This will involve providing the data processing and analysis necessary to run the company’s programmes.
• To form part of the data analysis team working with customer data and sales reporting.
• Supporting websites, compiling and sending electronic direct mailings to end customers
• To manage the processing of Trade data on a regular basis, receiving and validating data from dealers, spotting errors to ensure full data is always submitted on time and in the correct format.
• To be aware of the objectives of the data processing:
To provide manufacturers and dealers with accurate sales data, empowering sales teams to increase sales and enable targeted marketing and sales promotions
• To calculate accurate sales data and sales rebate values for dealers.
• To issue supplementary sales reports at month-end to complement the standard reporting available on the Reporting Website
• To maintain the dealer database and associated functionality; including dealer codes, dealer name and contact details, dealer website access, the correct display of dealer data on the relevant websites etc..
• To maintain the price files in the system which are used for processing sales data
• To supply sales and pricing data to facilitate promotions and marketing
• To work with others to develop meaningful sales analysis; to proactively mine data to identify trends and potential untapped sales opportunities
• To assist web developers with data for upload to websites as required
• To assist in the preparation of HTML content in Electronic Dealer Mailings
• To receive and handle calls from users
• To participate as required in management meetings
• Proven analytical capabilities
• Ability to take ownership and be responsible for actions
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
• Strong attention to detail, with ability to produce clear, concise documentation
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Well-developed time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst multi-tasking
Skills/ Experience Requirements
• Thorough knowledge of Transact SQL (2008 onwards)
• Knowledge of SSRS /SSIS an advantage
• Knowledge of HTML
• Microsoft office skills - Strong Excel essential, VBA skills helpful
• Helpful but not essential Data analysis and reporting
• Helpful but not essential experience in supporting websites with data
Helpful but not essential experience of other database and analysis packages
The Recruitment Hub is a recruitment business and agency.
These criteria are not age specific and candidates of all ages will be considered. Both our client and The Recruitment Hub are Equal Opportunities Employers.
We would like to thank you for your interest in this vacancy and hope that you are successful in your application, however if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, we must ask you to assume that you have not been selected for interview for this particular role, we do however express the hope that you will apply for future job opportunities with The Recruitment Hub.