Recoveries Manager - North Wirral - C£30-35K
Working in modern, prestigious offices with an extensive employee benefits list including 25 days holiday, contributory pension, on-site gym and exercise facilities, regular employee awards and working hours of Mon-Friday 9.00-5.00 (35 hour working week).
A new role has arisen for our highly successful and well-established client based on the Wirral. Reporting to the Head of Claims and managing one member of staff. This will suit someone who ideally has a contractual law background with experience in high value debt recovery who is extremely assertive, self managed and who can manage the day to day operations of this very important team.
To manage the performance of the recovery section within the Claims Department to maximise the reimbursement of all recoverable claims expenditure and associated costs. To ensure expedient action is taken either directly by the Recoveries section, or where applicable, via the Company’s appointed panel of solicitors to effect recovery of claims expenditure. Maintaining stakeholder satisfaction by ensuring the timely and correct decision making within the structure of the company’s compliance rules and framework, the claims and recovery binding authority contracts with Insurers, whilst strictly adhering to FCA regulations and guidelines at all times.
Overview of Responsibilities
* Commercially minded and self motivated to achieve results through a robust process, able to embed a continuous improvement culture and a results driven focus into the team.
* Day-to-day management of the recoveries operations, including assessing and handling potential recoveries, managing a small team and providing feedback to the Head of Claims.
* Management of the recovery process and application of the most appropriate enforcement actions to recover losses against any liable parties, including but not limited to developers, builders, guarantors / indemnifiers, retained escrows, retained product guarantees and Administrators / Liquidators / Receivers.
* Manage the subrogated rights recovery process against parties with a duty of care to the Developer and Builder including but not limited to Architects, Approved Inspectors.
* Responsible for communication and liaison with stakeholders such as Insurers, appointed Solicitors and effective communication and negotiation with liable parties, including Arbitrators and Administrators / Liquidators / Receivers.
* Produce specific weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and ad-hoc management information as required by the Head of Claims, Joint Managing Directors, Group Chairman or the Insurer Panel.
* Commercial assessment of whether certification can/should be withheld for Developers/Builders that have not yet settled DIP claims.
* Oversee management of Escrows for recovery or refund, in conjunction with the Finance Department, and ensure a monthly insurer bordereaux to register recovery reserves and recoveries received is accurately produced.
* Where required undertake case analysis to allow detailed and difficult subrogated recoveries.
* Optimise the claims recovery process to maximise the recovery levels achieved for Insurers whilst ensuring the fair treatment of customers at all times and in accordance with FCA principles.
* To identify and report back to the Head of Claims and Board areas of learning from Recoveries cases, where policy or procedure changes are recommended in other parts of the business to mitigate future claims risk.
* To undertake any other task as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Experience and excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of contract and common law.
- In depth knowledge of FCA Regulations and FCA compliant complaint processes.
- Proven experience of recoveries / credit control.
- Proven experience of setting KPIs and achieving targets.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Strong communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Problem solving experience.
- Good negotiation skills
- Commitment to undertake CII exams as deemed appropriate for the role.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please email a copy of your CV.
If you haven’t heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.