We have an opportunity available for a Purchasing Manager for a leading manufacturer of aerospace components.
Main purpose of job
Develop and manage the procurement department including setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Promoting the effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract.
- Building and maintaining outstanding relationships whilst logging and tracking supplier performance.
- Enhancing relationships to ensure effective execution of strategies and drive cost savings.
- Ensuring that manufacturing is not compromised due to non-availability of parts.
- Carrying out NPI/RFI/RFQ, and making sourcing recommendations.
- Monitoring the health of the Supplier and identifying risk.
- Responsibility for the leadership and line management of direct reports.
- Providing regular reporting to the Senior Team and Directors.
- Supplier focused with strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed business acumen and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Member of Institute of Purchasing and Supply (or currently studying for membership).
- A working knowledge of relevant standards (AS9100) preferred but not essential as training will be given.
- A working knowledge of MRP procurement systems.
- Procurement and supplier management experience essential.
- Effective communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum Intermediate Excel knowledge essential