IT Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team at Truebyte. We're looking for trustworthy people who are passionate about technology making working life better.
We offer excellent career development and opportunity for you to grow within our team.
You will work on-site with our clients based in the capital in a team providing helpdesk support. We have a reputation for providing high-level IT support in complex environments. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can meet client needs with both technical expertise and empathy.
We provide full infrastructure services and undertake ongoing substantial projects for our clients (including server technology upgrades, SAN storage, virtualisation environments, LAN & WAN networking & routing, VOIP, backup solutions and new network set-ups). This provides our engineers an excellent opportunity to develop their abilities working in these environments.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be an IT Support Engineer responsible for providing excellent face-to-face IT support as part of our onsite support team(s) working to ticket based systems.
- 2+ years IT support experience
- Extensive Microsoft OS support experience
- Windows Server administration skills and experience (2008/2012/2012 R2)
- A good understanding of VoIP, IP networking, TCP/IP and connectivity
- Proven technical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Genuine understanding of Active Directory and configuring group policies
- Experience of imaging and deployment of builds using Acronis, SpecOps or similar
- Experience dealing with service and hardware suppliers
- Experience with support of video conferencing solutions
- Citrix (XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Switch management plus a understanding of router and firewall configuration
- Good understanding of storage and virtualisation (VMware)
- IT support for the construction industry (e.g. architectural and structural engineering practices)
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak English fluently is essential.
- Pro-active, diligent, able to lead and delegate work effectively
- Adaptable to change. An ability to pick up new skills rapidly is fundamental to the role
- A strong team player
Requirement for out of hours work on occasion. The role suits living in central or Greater London. Company pension scheme offered.