Production Planner - Leading UK Supplier
A new opportunity has arise for a Production Planner within a leading UK supplier in the East Coast of Scotland. This role will be responsible for the liaising with customers, production plan, and leading to ensure all resources are utilised fully.
Night-shift role - 4 on/ 4 off
Salary - £23500 - £25000 (plus overtime)
My client is a leading UK supplier within the FMCG sector. The company supplies major retailers and food manufacturers.
The business breeds and develops new varieties, as well as grows, washes, selects and packs for the retail, wholesale and service sectors.
The business also boasts the largest and most diverse grower base in the UK.
Founded over 40 years ago, the business has become a major player in the UK but it remains loyal to its roots and maintains a strong local identity.
- prepare the production plan for each product line, considering expected/historical customer orders, promotions, raw material availability and quality, and all factors.
- sequence production in the most efficient manner
- ensure depot splits are correct and that Production Orders have correct Production Components.
- Sequence, Reserve and Allocate the first Production Orders of the following shift.
- schedule maintenance requirements, trials/samples and other events into production plans, always ensuring orders are maintained.
- identify and manage staff requirements and advise/support the Shift Managers on agency staff requirements.
- liaise with hauliers and coordinate with dispatch team to ensure loads leave site on time to meet customer distribution depot times.
- ensure that all relevant staff are made aware of any changes to plans or orders, and that they are and are using the most up to date versions of all plans at all times.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Production Planning Experience, food manufacturing preferable
- Confident with all levels of personnel, able to communicate effectively and negotiate successfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication
£23500 - £25000 plus overtime
Night-shift role (4 on/ 4 off)
Opportunity to grow and develop within growing company