MOT Technician / Mechanic
A fully qualified MOT Technician or Mechanic is required for an immediate start in a busy fast fit centre in Southport.
Our client is part of a Group who employ over 1,500 staff and is the brand for a national chain of mechanical and fast fit centres. With 104 centres nationwide, they are one of the UK's largest independent chain of fast fit and mechanical centres, with plans to increase the network by a further 20% in 2017.
The Role of MOT Technician / Mechanic
Reporting to the Centre Manager you will be required to provide efficient and effective customer service, maintain the highest quality of workmanship, in relation to MOT’s and general servicing and repairs, ensuring that the work is carried out in line with Company and Ministry procedures.
As a Mechanic you will:
• Be responsible carrying out repairs on a wide range of vehicles.
• Hold an NVQ level 3 in a related subject or equivalent.
• Have welding and tyre fitting capabilities be advantageous.
• Complete various mechanical and servicing work.
As an MOT Technician you will:
• Carry out Class 4 MOT Tests on all makes and models of cars, completing service certification adhering to DVSA requirements.
• Be competent in fast fit repairs i.e. tyre fitting, brakes, suspension and exhausts.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements.
Skills and experience required:
The successful applicant for the role of MOT Technician or Mechanic must be able to demonstrate
• Excellent customer liaison and satisfaction skills
• The ability to sell an array of available services
• With a flexible and positive approach you should be able to efficiently work under pressure
• Being a keen team player with a focus on providing excellent customers service
• Good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• An eye for detail
• Literacy and numerate
If applying for the MOT Technician role you must be an Approved MOT Tester Class 4.
In the role of MOT Technician or Mechanic you will work an average of 45 hours per week and there is a salary on offer of £18,000 to £26,000 per annum.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mechanic, technician, MOT, Class 4, VOSA, maintenance, repair, tyres, fitter, bodyshop,