Front End Web Developer
This specialist division of a well known UK based company is the UK’s leading asset analytics and technology consultancy for infrastructure. In the past five years, it has grown a team of 100 people, achieving and maintaining a fast-paced start-up mentality within a large infrastructure operator.
Salaries are competitive and benchmarked against the Big Four consultancies. Positions are available at all levels:
- Consultant - typically graduate up to five years’ experience
- Senior Consultant - three to ten years’ experience or relevant academic achievements
- Principal Consultant - eight years or more experience
- Project and Technical Directors - leaders in the field to guide our technical and business growth.
As a consultancy, the work requires travel. Team members are expected to work on projects across the UK and internationally. Roles are available based from our central London or Manchester offices.
The business uses a flexible and agile approach to software development, and is enthusiastic about the use of new technologies. This opportunity will provide experience to support or lead the end-to-end development of software: from requirements elicitation, through analysis & design, implementation, testing and finally commissioning. It promotes curiosity, initiative and independent thinking, in a supportive, outcome oriented environment.
As the ideal candidate your profile will include much of the following;
- Bachelor degree level in a STEM subject, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a significant portfolio showcasing relevant development experience
- Knowledge of a version control and project management environment, i.e. Github, JIRA, MSTS
- Well rounded understanding of UI and UX requirements
- Intermediate knowledge of server side technologies, i.e. Python, SQL
- Testing and continuous integration experience
- Web framework experience, ideally having written production code using Django or Flask
- Ability to generate custom interactive visualisations using D3.js or equivalent
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible team across a variety of locations as required by our customers
- Passion to learn and develop leveraging some of the latest technologies
- Experience deploying services using cloud technologies and preferably an awareness of networking practices.
The successful candidate should bring a creative approach to solution design and delivery. Any additional experience in the following fields is also beneficial:
- Independent management of client projects and successful delivery of business solutions
- Business problem/opportunity analysis and business solution design
- Management of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholders up to boardroom level.