An advanced technology, engineering and manufacturing business with operations in multiple locations across the UK and Europe is recruiting a Company Accountant to be based on site in Rotherham.
This is a "number 1" on site finance role, reporting to the Head of Finance based in Europe, with responsibility for all monthly and annual financial reports.
Duties of the role include:
- Ensuring divisional compliance with IFRS, UKGAAP and tax regulations
- Preparation & submission of monthly and annual financial reports to Head Office including balance sheet and accruals reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly cost of sales and WIP reports.
- Quarterly preparation and submission of the VAT report.
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register, including year to date acquisitions and quarterly submissions of the depreciation forecast.
- Posting and Payment of suppliers invoices.
- Posting of payments and receipts and subsequent monthly bank reconciliation.
- Monthly reporting of EC Sales and Intrastat declarations
- Preparation and submission of employee overtime and other allowances
- Supporting the Sales Director with client and product profitability analysis
The business is a long established, market leading high-tech engineering and manufacturing business with customers all around the world in a variety of cutting edge sectors.
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to play a leading role in an autonomous division of a global leader in the technology engineering sector.
We are looking for a reliable, proactive individual with experience in the preparation of management and financial accounts who has good knowledge of Customers and Excise procedures, and who is comfortable operating in a stand alone role for a busy business.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.