Our Client, a highly respected, well established and professional firm of independent firm of Financial Planners now have an excellent opportunity for an trainee Paraplanner to joint their team based in Birmingham.
The main purpose of your role will be to assist with the higher-level post-audit of advice provided by advisers, You will be offering clear and considered decisions on cases which carry a high risk to the client, firm and the firm’s IFAs; whilst dealing with day-to-day advice and higher level regulatory queries from other departments, undertaking research, where necessary, in order to provide informed responses.
- Participation in the Advice Guidance Executive Committee, offering constructive input into technical discussions to assist in the formulation of the Group’s Advice Guidance strategy
- Occasional inclusion in project work, assisting in the development of advice and regulatory processes across the business
- Participation in adding value through direct discussion on complex financial planning cases with IFAs
- Financial promotions - analysing proposed advertising content to assess technical and regulatory suitability
- Designing and delivering understandable and concise Financial Planning Report templates for use across the range of products and service provided, both personal and corporate, in order to deliver understandable and suitable financial outcomes to our clients
- Providing new business concessions, where necessary and referral to Administration for recording
- Completing regulatory industry update summaries for dissemination to the Co-ordinator
- Assisting with new recruit inductions and training, as and when required
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge and technical understanding of all financial planning concepts and regulatory focuses through the completion of annual CPD
- Assistance with any departmental function as required
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working with in an IFA support role with knowledge of Pensions Investments and be Diploma qualified in Financial Planning. You will have the ability to work as part of a professional team, and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced team. Exceptional communication skills are required in order to provide first class care to the firms Clients. You will be highly professional with a strong desire to succeed within the industry.