2nd / 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer
Our client, an ICT services and solution provider, is seeking an individual with an excellent customer service ethos and the technical ability to operate in a 2nd and 3rd line helpdesk position to join their busy East London office. Differentiating on customer service is something that our client sees as a key element on their strategy, ensuring that all customers receive first class support from their team of helpdesk staff.
If you feel confidently about making the transition from 2nd line to 3rd Line support, or if you already possess the technical knowledge to exceed customer expectations, we want to hear from you today!
Your role in the 2nd/3rd line helpdesk team will be to provide infrastructure implementation support across the organisation, and assisting in the resolution or support requests.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing tech support related to hardware, systems and software issues
- Assisting with query resolutions in a timely manner, using diagnostics tools to isolate issues and proceeding to provide effective solutions to minimise your clients business down time
- Helping internal support to the team and other departments related to and I.T issues
- Supporting clients over the phone, via email communication and operating our in-house incident logging system to report and escalate tickets when necessary
- Managing work queues and prioritising events in line with company SLA’s
- Assisting colleagues and other departments with queries when more complex issues arise
- Ensuring all activities align with ITIL procedures
The ideal person specification:
- A proven track record in managing customer relationships and providing excellent customer service in a customer delivery environment
- Someone able to prioritise workloads and correctly categorise I.T issues according to customer expectations, particularly within the Education and Schools sector
- Windows Server 2012 configuration and support experience (MCSA/MCSE desired)
- Group Policy creation and management
- Call and ticket systems logging experience
- Competent operating with Windows OS versions 7,8,10 and Office Suite packages and 365 environments
- Comfortable using Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 Servers
- Troubleshooting experience within network infrastructure environments such as Group Policy, Active Directory, TCP/IP
- A working knowledge of VMware and Hyper V virtualised environments
- ITIL foundation version 3 certification also desirable
- Experience and knowledge supporting mobile devices, including iOS and Windows Mobile including managed wireless systems
Support is offered both from our offices and on-site therefore a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is required.
Candidates also possessing I.T certifications such as MCSE / MSCA and CompTIA A+ professional certification will be of particular interest to my client. Personality fit is also important for the role and it’s vital that you are willing to be a team player and assist colleagues where needed; it’s also a great opportunity to learn from others and to progress in your career as a helpdesk analyst.
The position comes with an excellent benefits package with a basic salary of up to £28,000 for the right candidate. You will be joining a fast growing organisation who truly support the development of their staff.
Applicants are requested to submit a CV and covering letter, explaining their suitability to the post. Greatfind Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is acting as an agency in relation to this role.