Department: Community Services
Closing Date: Friday 10th February 2017
Social Worker required on a full-time permanent basis, to be based in Helensburgh providing a service to the Lomond area.
The successful candidate will form part of the Service Delivery Team for Children & Families to provide high quality intervention, advice and guidance to individuals, families and groups within the community, in accordance with relevant legislation and the policies and procedures of the department, and in a manner which will ensure that the service users of the Department are safe and receive the highest standards of service.
Should you be the preferred candidate after interview, you will be required to gain membership of the PVG scheme in relation to working with protected adults and children, prior to any unconditional offer of appointment.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is suitable for job share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children and protected adults.
- You will be required to participate in standby or other out of hour's service arrangements, as appropriate.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- The post-holder will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
How to apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Jim Lusk, Practice Lead on 01436 657612.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB01894 / HCF00117.
See also: HCF00117 - Social Worker.doc