Teacher of Primary
Department: Community Services
Closing Date: Friday 5th May 2017
Argyll and Bute Council are looking to recruit a temporary, full time Teacher of Primary for Rockfield Primary School in Oban, from August 2017 to cover maternity leave. The anticipated end date is 30 June 2018.
We would welcome applications from teachers completing their probationary year in June 2017.
Any applicant who is not currently registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) should include evidence of a pending application with this regulatory body with their application.
Subject to the policies of the school and the education authority, the duties of teachers, promoted and unpromoted, are to perform such tasks as the Head Teacher shall direct, having reasonable regard to overall teacher workload related to the main job activities.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children.
How to Apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Caroline Fothergill, Head Teacher on 01631 568090.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB01895 / CME01279.
See also: CME01279 - Teacher of Primary.doc
CME01279 - Teacher Report.docx
Information For Applicants - Teachers.docx
PVG Information Sheet - Children.docx