Mechanical Engineer - Product Development - Castings & Pressing
A new opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer has opened up with a well-established world leader in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance instrumentation for specialist industries at their headquarters in Farnham, Surrey.
This position would be a varied role which would allow you to get involved with all stages of the product development process. This includes 2D drafting and 3D modelling of products in CAD including stainless steel and aluminium castings, pressings and machined parts.
The Mechanical Engineer role would also give you responsibility for creating Bills of Material, writing product test plans and being a technical liaison with Sales and Production functions. You will need a proactive, methodical and logical approach to problem solving, with an appreciation of the broad range of responsibilities and varied day-to-day technical challenges which come from working for a company who offer the flexibility of built-to-order projects for their customers.
To apply for this role you MUST have:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a mechanical design engineering capacity
- Proficient in using 2D and 3D CAD tools
Any or all of the following would be beneficial:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering related discipline
- Designing to international standards
- Experience of Design for Manufacture, FMEA, FEA
- Project management competence
- Experience designing castings, pressings and machined components
- Working with remote or international colleagues
This position would offer a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 with 25 days holiday and employer contributed pension.
The company is looking to interview next week, so if you would be interested in this opportunity then please apply immediately or call Seth on 0117 9388 088