Robert Half are working with one of their key clients in Portsmouth to recruit for an Assistant Accountant.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-known and respected manufacturing business that offers opportunities for growth, development and study support. Opportunities like this one don't come along very often to join our client at the Assistant Accountant level, so if you are interested, apply now.
The Role: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 (with study support)
Type: Permanent / Full time
- Compile monthly journals including; accruals, pre-payments, labour costs.
- Bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Compile balance sheet reconciliations for inclusion in the monthly reporting folder.
- Complete VAT returns
- Maintain the cash books
- Complete intercompany debit notes, balances and monthly statements for other sites
- Complete foreign exchange adjustments, monthly loss/gain and rolling forecast for submission to foreign exchange committee
- Maintain fixed asset register and monitor capital expenditure
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
You will be:
- AAT Qualified and looking to/just started studying CIMA/ACCA.
- Be currently using SAP
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot tables and V&H Look-ups
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Be committed to developing a career for yourself
- Ideally come from a manufacturing background (not essential)
Based in Portsmouth, they are a well-known manufacturing firm with a broad range of clients. Offices situated just of the M27, they are ideally located to travel to, with access to a local train station. They are a company that are committed to developing and training their staff, and giving them every opportunity to learn and develop within the business not just in their role, but also to get involved with other departments. This is a great time to join their team, so if you are interested, we are short listing for interview at the moment.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.