Team Leader (Criminal Justice)
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: Friday 5th May 2017
The Social Work Criminal Justice Service is looking for a Team Leader on a full-time permanent basis, who must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual with considerable experience working with offenders who can take on the challenge of supporting small teams spread over a wide geographic area, undertaking all aspects of criminal justice assessment and supervision. This post can be based in either Dunoon or Ardrishaig.
The support you give will be essential to linking isolated workers with the full criminal and community justice partners of Argyll and Bute and colleagues in neighbouring authorities. Whilst advantageous, previous experience of front line management is not essential however candidates will need to show that frontline social work management has been identified as a career next step.
You will be expected to contribute to the development of team members and the delivery and monitoring of service standards, and will play a significant role within a small and democratic management team during a period of review and redesign.
You must be registered or eligible to register with the SSSC, will be required to be passed at NPPV level 2 and, unless exempt, you will be required to be part of the Council's social work out of hours emergency service.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is suitable for job share.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children and adults.
- You will be required to participate in standby or other out of hour's service arrangements, as appropriate.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
- The post-holder will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Argyll and Bute and beyond to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
How to apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Joy Daniels, Acting Service Manager (Criminal Justice) on 01436 658769.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB01897 / CMF00507.
See also: CMF00507 - Team Leader (Criminal Justice).doc
Information For Applicants.docx
PVG Information Sheet - Children & Protected Adults.docx