Operating as part of the IAC Group, Industrial Automation and Control Ltd. is the UK's largest independent systems integrator, specialising in electrical control systems and variable speed drives. With an excellent reputation and worldwide client base, including key blue chip companies, the company is now looking to recruit an individual to strengthen and build their service division.
The position involves the provision of support and service to the company’s customers on a 24 / 7 basis, along with assisting the service director in the organisation and operation of the companies service and support team. The engineer would be required to share in this 'call-out’ cover on a rotational basis with other engineers in the department. Where required, liaison and assistance to the engineering departments may be necessary in the resolution of application problems. Other activities will involve technical support to Service Engineers within the team and casual field service. On occasions you may be asked to undertake small project work and work closely with our project department.
• Response to service and breakdown calls on an ongoing basis.
• Support to the company’s existing customer base.
• Maintenance tasks at customers site.
• Casual field service to new and existing customers.
• Assistance to the engineering department, both for support and commissioning assistance.
• Development and generation of service contracts with new and existing customers.
• Facilitation of the company’s service business including reporting and invoicing.
• Training and feedback to the engineering team of problems and solutions development during routine service operations.
• Undertake small project work.
Candidates should have:
• HND / Degree in electrical engineering or other similar discipline or relevant industry experience.
• Experience with industrial drive, control and automation products.
• Thorough knowledge of drives and PLC applications as well as software design skills applicable to PLC’s PC’s and other programmable devices.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ideally have worked in a service or maintenance role working with a variety of PLC and control equipment.
• Good attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills and competence, including MS office and Outlook. Understanding of MRP philosophy would be an advantage.
• Willing to work over when required.
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
• The applicant would be expected to be a team player yet still be able to work on their own initiative.
This role would suit a customer focused service / maintenance engineer from an engineering / manufacturing environment. We are keen to hear from service engineers, application and design engineers and maintenance technicians looking to move into a new role.
Applicants should have experience dealing with customers, a full UK driving license and be willing to travel and accommodate flexible working times.
IAC Ltd regrets to inform that we can only accept applications from engineering candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.
IAC is focussed on professional development and maintaining the long term employability of the workforce.
Salary: £32,000 - £42,000 per Annum
Benefits: Pension, daily on site allowances, use of on site gym and excellent work environment including on site catering company providing full canteen services.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the talent and drive to succeed at IAC, please apply online for this Service Engineer role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.