Technical Support Supervisor
Select Appointments are currently working with a Peterborough based company who are seeking a Technical Support Supervisor.
The role will be responsible for the Day to Day running of our Technical Support Desk which provides Technical Support & Assistance to both our Customers and internal departments. The Technical support aspect of the role covers our full product range which includes; Broadband & Routers, Telephone Lines & Calls, On Premise & Cloud based Phone systems, Leased Lines, Managed IT & Networks.
The key function of the Team Leader is to ensure faults & change requests are dealt with correctly and within SLA, accurate records are kept up to date and reporting on performance of the technical support desk. This will require both personal & team contribution.
The person in the role will work with the Technical Manager on delivery of the all services provided by the department, and from time to time on projects with other key stake holders within the business.
The role will also assist in managing the Engineering diary in conjunction with the Technical Manager and provides a point of contact for Field engineers when the Technical Manager is unavailable.
This role is predominately desk based, but some field work may be required from time to time.
• Day to day management of the Technical desk.
• Ensure all faults are dealt with in SLA and resolved efficiently
• Monitoring performance of the Technical Specialist and compliance to company policy’s and procedures.
• Act as point of escalation for Technical Specialists.
• Ensure all records for faults are kept up to date and details are recorded correctly.
• Ensure all access records are promptly updated internally and where required to external partners and to other departments
• Ensuring customers are updated on faults & changes in a timely and correct manner
• Monitoring of Suppliers SLA’s within your area of responsibility
• Compilation of perform reports for the Tech Desk and for Customer.
• Ensuring all chargeable work is charged out when required.
• Suggest improvement for ways of working and help in developing policies and procedures.
• Out of Hours Support on Rota system.
• Willing to pass on knowledge and learn from other team members.
• 3 Years help desk experience working on a Tech desk in an IT Environment.
• Preferable 1 year in a Supervisory role
• Ability to communicate to people from a technical and non-technical background
• Flexible and adaptable to a fast-moving environment with ever-changing demands.
• In-depth knowledge of Supporting Windows Operating Systems from XP to Windows 10 in the business environment.
• Experience of support Office products including Office 365
• Good IP Networking Skills, VLAN, advance Routers, Switch configuration.
• Knowledge of supporting Windows Servers, Active Directory, etc.
• Knowledge of supporting Sharepoint, Exchange and SQL
• Exposure to Linux
• Knowledge of Telephone system’s
• Knowledge of Broadband, Fault diagnostics and resolution.