Directorate Manager - London
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes:
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want.
About the Role:
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Directorate Manager to join Mencap during a time of steady growth and success. The Directorate Manager will be the first point of contact in the Income Generation Directorate providing high quality support to the director and where necessary the wider management board and group.
The successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of the Executive Director`s office by building relationships across Mencap and externally as appropriate, providing support on communications and leading other related projects. As the manager of the Income Generation Directorates administration functions and activities you will be seen as an ambassador for Mencap acting in our best interests at all times, supporting the delivery of Mencap`s vision and living our values.
5 main areas of responsibility:
- Executives Director of Income Generation`s Executive Assistant
- Directorate Project Management
- Directorate Systems Management
- Directorate Internship Management
- Directorate Learning Disability Management
- Executive Director of Communications Executive Assistant
To be shortlisted for this role, you will have the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, with strong attention to detail and have the ability to deal with various different types of situations both effectively and calmly.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- Flexibility, initiative and drive to deal with unexpected situations or last-minute changes in a dynamic organisation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great all-round IT experience with an emphasis on MS Office Suite
- Setting up efficient systems (e.g. filing) both electronic and manual
- Organising internal and stakeholder events to a high standard
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly when under pressure
- Project Management and working to deadlines
- Previous Line Management experience is required
This is a full-time permanent post based in London to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Does this sound like you…?
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you!!
Click the "Apply" button to begin your Mencap journey today… Good Luck!!
Please ensure you provide a covering letter along with an up-to-date CV to be considered for this role.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract