UK Sales/ Business Development Manager (Bristol based)
Our client is a specialist in providing expertise on all areas of data protection compliance via one simple annual subscription.
Personal information is the key asset of the 21st century. All organisations face the growing need to manage it, and be seen to be managing it. This requires expert knowledge and practical experience of how to turn data protection principles into practice.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Manager to work alongside the Managing Director, someone who’ll take a lead on business development, implementing and advising on strategy and recruiting a team to maximise the opportunities they envisage presenting over the coming months and years.
Growth is achieved through a relationship-based lead generation and sales approach, so whilst this is a Manager/Senior Manager role it will require someone of a hands-on nature, determined and professional with a focused, targeted and commercial character.
- Drive outbound call activity to target new business using telephone, email and meetings
- Identifying the customers' data protection needs (audits; advice; training; policies; procedures etc…)
- Identify potential customers, arrange meetings and secure attendees at our information events.
- Working to targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); achieve and exceed quotas of qualified meetings.
- Document accurately all activities and customer interactions in a CRM system whilst working closely with the rest of the team to secure subscriptions.
Required skills and experience:
- A highly motivated individual who is an empathetic communicator over the telephone, via email and in person.
- A natural organiser and problem solver.
- Professional and courteous; you have the skills to think laterally and work to targets and KPIs.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and the Microsoft Office 365 (cloud-based) system
- Previous experience of lead generation and telesales is essential, preferably in the charity, not-for-profit and/or education sectors.
The successful applicant can expect a basic salary in the region of £35,000 with an OTE OF £50,000 this is deemed as more than achievable in the current climate in addition to a fantastic opportunity for personal development as the business expands.