I'm working exclusively with an established manufacturing business on the outskirts of Cardiff to recruit a part qualified accountant on a permanent basis.
My client is within the FMCG sector and is going through an exciting period of sustained growth. They are looking for a part qualified ACCA / CIMA studier to join their finance team, reporting directly into the Financial Controller.
As Assistant Accountant you will be required to -
- Process all raw material purchase invoices and assist with the overflow of expense invoices
- Complete monthly VAT returns and submit to HMRC
- Managing a small weekly payroll including RTI submissions
- Complete any requests from the National Statistics Office
- Ensure regulatory payments including NI, Pension and DEA's are made to meet deadlines
- Submit intrastat/EC sales reports monthly to set deadlines
- Prepare weekly supplier payment runs and monthly expense payments
- Reconcile supplier statements to the system
- Credit control for all customers including sending statements monthly, chasing for payments when due and liasing with wider team to resolve queries
- Assist with credit referencing new customers
- Responsible for credit card expenses and petty cas
- Provide cover for the Accounts Assistant to ensure sales invoicing is completed in a timely fashion
- Review utility bills and renewing electricity contract by comparing rates from various companies
- Deputise for the FC
To apply for this role you will ideally need to demonstrate 2 years working in a manufactuing / fmcg accounts department, be part qualified ACCA / CIMA and have intermediate excel skills.
The role will pay up to £26k plus study support and offer excellent career prospects